The application is now open and we are accepting new applicants.
Please follow these application steps when applying for the stipend:
- Review the Stipend Information page.
- Check that you meet our eligibility and qualities requirements.
- Make sure you have the required documents at the time of applying.
- Submit an initial application along with the required documents by clicking the "Apply Here" button below.
After submitting your initial application, please allow 2-3 weeks for your application and documents to be processed. After your application is reviewed, if we are interested in your application, you will be contacted to interview via Skype. If we have decided not to interview you, you will also be informed of this decision.
If you were interviewed, please complete the following additional application steps within 15 days post your interview:
- Submit a Post-Interview application
- Submit the Post-Interview required documents
After you have submitted your post-interview application and documents, please allow an additional 2-3 weeks for your application and documents to be reviewed. Thereafter, you will be contacted via e-mail regarding a decision. You will receive one of the following decisions:
- Denied- after further review of your application, required documents, and the interview, we are not interested in your application at this time.
- Pending- Your application has been accepted, but we would like to wait to interview more applicants before selecting an applicant. You will receive a final decision regarding your application in May or June of 2019.
- Awarded- Your application has been accepted and we are selecting you as the sole recipient of the 2018-2019 Stipend.
Application Deadlines and Timeline:
As this 2018-2019 Stipend is a pool-based application, there is not a deadline to submit your application. Please know, however, we plan to select an applicant by late May 2019- early June 2019; there are no plans to select an applicant before this date. Therefore, successful applicants who apply earlier in 2019 or in 2018 will likely receive a "Pending" application response; this allows more qualified applicants to apply and increase SSF's chances of choosing the most suitable individual. As we plan to select an applicant by May or June 2019, it is strongly encouraged that all application materials be submitted no later than April 2019. Please know after an applicant has been selected, the application will be closed and will re-open at a later date. We will up-date this page accordingly regarding the status of the 2018-2019 Stipend.