2019-2020 Stipend Program- Required Documents
At the time of applying, the applicant will need to submit the following documents with the application:
- A Curriculum Vitae (CV) or Resume. This document may be in English or a Scandinavian language.
- Letter of Interest including Statement of Financial Need or Assistance- Please write a one page essay describing your interest in SSF and the need for this stipend for financial purposes. This essay may be in English and/or a Scandinavian language.
- A recent photo of yourself for identity purposes. The photo on your CV or resume does not fulfill this requirement.
- At least 2 academic references and 1 work-related reference; personal references are not allowed. You will include your references on the application form; be prepared to include the person's first and last name, place of work, phone number, and e-mail address. The references section on your CV or resume does not fulfill this requirement.
Required documents if you are selected to receive a stipend from SSF:
If you are selected as a 2019-2020 stipend recipient, please be prepared to turn-in these documents before you are eligible to receive your stipend; do not attempt to turn in the documents below unless told to do so by SSF:
- An OFFICIAL transcript or grade report from your current university/college. This transcript must be sent directly from you or your current university to our e-mail address. This document may be in English or a Scandinavian language.
- A Letter of Recommendation from a current or very previous professor, teacher, or supervisor. While generic letters are accepted, a personalized letter written for SSF is preferred. This document must come directly from the writer's business (work) e-mail address to our e-mail address. This document may be in English or a Scandinavian language.
- Proof of Residency- a valid and government-issued form of identification is required to prove age and that you are a resident of the United States or a Scandinavian country. A PDF or JPEG copy of a driver's license, ID card, or passport is accepted. This document may be in English or a Scandinavian language.
If you have questions about the required documentation, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org